Sunday, July 10, 2016

Pray as the Savior Did

My seed of faith is planted.
The instructions continue:
Alma 32:37
"... Let us nourish it with great care, that it may get root, that it may grow up, and bring forth fruit unto us. And now behold, if ye will nourish it with much care it will get root, and grow up, and bring forth fruit."

Caution: doi not neglect the seed.
 Even a good seed will not take root,
 but wither and die without care and nourishment.

How does one nourish a seed of faith?
Alma 32:40
1) nourish with the word of God
2) look forward with an eye of faith
3) be diligent
4) have patience

Remember: Faith without works
is dead.

The next part of waiting on the Lord
suggests praying as the Savior did.
What can I glean from the Savior's example of prayer
 and the scriptures referenced:

Luke 11:1-4
 And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
 Give us day by day our daily bread.
 And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.


Pray to my Heavenly Father
Seeking HIS WILL
(not praying for Him to grant my will)

Heavenly knows I need forgiveness
and as He forgives me
I must also others
every single person is in need
of His forgiveness and Jesus' atonement

Heavenly Father knows 
I will have temptation
and so I can plead for
deliverance from evil.








No comments:

Post a Comment