Thursday, June 30, 2016

From Fear to Faith

A moment of worry and fear towards
 the other lost and wandering
greet me in the morning.
I have forgotten already
"When thou art converted..."
I cannot be a rescuer if I have not been rescued,
healed and strengthened by the good words of God.

Fear enraptures and encompasses the weak.
I allow the debilitating effects of fear to distract me from peace.
In moments of weakness,
I feed those thoughts of fear
rather than allowing the nourishment of the milk
to provide sustenance.
Those thoughts become a stumbling block and I fall.

Truly the Shepherd knows His sheep.
He senses my fears.
I am still weak with distraction.
2 Nephi 18: 11-13

11 For the Lord spake thus to me with a strong hand, and instructed me that I should not walk in the way of this people, saying:


 13 Sanctify the Lord of Hosts himself, and let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.

I seek a bit of clarification about words
confederacy, sanctify...
(Compare Isaiah 8)
A brief synopsis in between the passages remind me:

-The Lord is in Control
-The Lord: a Sanctuary
-Trust in the Scriptures and the Lord's Prophet
The message and milk for today
Find refuge and peace in my Sanctuary
the Lord,
my Shepherd.
Give the Lord my worries, my fears, my dreads
Have Faith
Trust He is in control

No comments:

Post a Comment